Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a dining room set that was a wedding gift for my

Customer Question

I have a dining room set that was a wedding gift for my Mother-in-law purchased in 1948. I would like to sell it as I am moving and downsizing. It is a rectangular table with 6 chairs, glass paneled hutch and side board.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: All wood, I believe it might be cherry.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

A 1948 cherry vintage dining room set consisting of a table, six chairs, china hutch and sideboard would have a current value of $800 to $1100 on the secondary (used) market depending on condition, scratches, watermarks, upholstery, etc.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.