How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have what appears to be a Stickley Chair. How can I tell?

Customer Question

I have what appears to be a Stickley Chair. How can I tell ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Robin,

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help with your chair.

The only way you can tell for sure who made it, is if you find a Stickley & Brandt label on it, or part of one.

This is what it would look like and it's usually located on the underside of the seat. I'm sure you've looked, but you might want to check again and see if you see a shadow or residue of where a circular sticker might have once been.

There were other companies that made these dragon-backed chairs as this Renaissance revival design was popular at the time.

Let me hear back if you can find any trace of a label (and a photo of same if you find anything) and I'll then be able to give you a full answer and a value.

Many thanks,