Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have the usual Maxfield Parrish print "DayBreak" in it's

Customer Question

Good morning.
I have the usual Maxfield Parrish print "DayBreak" in it's original frame, etc, etc. However, I also have another Parrish litho which has always been displayed with the "DayBreak" picture. I thought the two were a set? The other litho is painted with the same "stage set" as DayBreak but with only the girl appearling. She is standing and looking up to the sky as if to say "How long before a break through" or "When, Lord" anyway, there is a longing, questioning young woman appearing in the picture. What is the name of the litho and is there any kind of value associated with it? And, I'm guessing it is not a set?
Thank you for your time and attention with this matter.
Lori
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, at this time I cannot post a photograph as the litho is in another state. I could possibly post it in a day or so but presently I cannot. I can tell you it is the same young woman in the "Day Break" litho. I guess growing up because the two pictures (Day Break and this nameless one) hung together in my Grandparent's home in the upstairs guest bedroom, I made the connection they were a set.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi,,

No problem. The original Daybreak painting sold for $5.2 million in 2008 at Christies. Your prints in good condition are selling for $200-300.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne,You did not answer my question. I wanted to know the name of the picture. The one with the young woman who is actually Parrish's daughter or grand-daughter. I want to the name of the picture I described in my initial question. I know the value of Day Break. I want the name of the picture I described.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

I believe that you are referring to "Ecstasy" or also called "Mountain Ecstasy"(1929). The would sell in the same $200-300 price range.

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to say it is Not "Mountain Ecstasy"The one I am looking for has the same "stage set" as day break. Mountain Ecstacy has nothing even close to Daybreak.Daybreak is painted with the stage set similar to a veranda with pillars. The title I am looking for is painted with the very same stage set as Daybreak minus the extra being overlooking the young woman.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

I would have to see this. Let me know when you can post one.

Thanks,