How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a James W Tuff Silver piece 1166 I think Looks like

Customer Question

I have a James W Tuff
Silver piece 1166 I think
Looks like fancy vase holder missing tube or candle holder
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Luetta,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vase holder. Thanks for the helpful photo, I can see exactly what you have. This is old! It dates to about 1880.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of the mark on the bottom and I'll be able to give you full answer and a value.

Many thanks,