Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an original set of 9 Anne Fellows Johnston "Little…

Customer Question
I have an original set...
I have an original set of 9 Anne Fellows Johnston "Little Colonel" books published in 1903. I would like to sell them. What are they worth and how do I go about finding a buyer. Nancie Owens
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/20/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Your set of 9 Anne Fellows Johnston's "Little Colonel " series would have an estimated retail value of $340 - 360 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

This site explains how to sell old books online where you can sell either retail or quickly by auction.

How to sell old books:
http://www.internetbookselling.com/sell-old-books.html

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris