Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a large, what I am guessing is, 1970 Mrs. Butterworth

Customer Question

I have a large amber, what I am guessing is, 1970 Mrs. Butterworth syrup bottle. But the markings and stamps on the bottom are a little confusing to me. In the order top line it reads: 9 with the oval I for owen-illinois 70 then down below that is a 3 and a period. I don't know what the 9 or the 3. mean but I can find anything like it on the other bottles I have seen. There is a groove along the bottom and a rather sloppy texture ring along the outer perimeter of the bottom also. Im just guessing that it may be a defect type thing but not sure.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture of the bottom of the bottle.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

These are both the same photo of the bottom.

Please add one more of the bottle as well.