How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small covered tureen and bowl marked WEDGWOOD.

Customer Question

I have a small covered tureen and bowl marked WEDGWOOD. There is a slip of paper from 1951 that looks like a receipt from a store named The Mayfair Art Gallery. The original paper sticker is still on the bowl that says, $15.00 3 pieces.The receipt states 1 wedgwood tureen, cover & dish Circa 1790's 10~. The round tureen is 7" in diameter with a lid and the dish is weird shaped...10" by 7", looks like a football with the tips curved in. The markings on it looks like seashells and 'kelp'..with little round blue berries. Really a pretty ugly dish pattern? What do I have???
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.