Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found a framed and matted print from the 50s-60s by Grant

Customer Question

I found a framed and matted print from the 50s-60s by Grant Wood that appears to be Spring in Town due the bright colors. Problem is the size - tag says 27" x 29" and I can find nothing on line in that size to confirm the age or type of printing process.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not right now
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see an image.

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Please note I don't work via phone call, but sometimes the system auto-sends a phone call request. If you get one of those,please ignore. I prefer to await online responses.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. I think I stumbled upon an answer to my question after talking to my landlord, himself an artist. With his help we discovered the print is partially covered by the matting so the size, 21" x 24", fits the on-line profiles I found. We are still trying to figure out where the seller came up with 27" x 29". Again, nice to know there's a site like yours where mysteries can get solved easily. <"\\\