LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a Lionel train set that was my granfather's (I'm 55

Customer Question

I have a Lionel train set that was my granfather's (I'm 55 years old). Wondering what it's worth. Some of the info. on the cars: Lionel LL3652 218000 G-3 LL 40 6 LW.10 2, Lionel Lines No 1679, Curtiss Baby Ruth Candy New 4-31-39, Lionel RR Lines 1682, Shell Lionel Lines Made in USA 1680, Made in the USA #2620 Made by the Lionel Corp New York, 1684 (heavy duty black train front that pulls the rest of the cars). I have more and all of the tracks, figures, signs, buildings, etc.Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I have a similar set myself. Can you post a few photos of the set to check overall condition and pieces you have. Do you have the bridges also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, sorry, I've been very busy! Attached are photos. Not sure what you mean by bridges....... I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Lionel LL3652 218000 G-3 LL 40 6 LW.10 2.............. 35.00-50.00

Lionel Lines No 1679,............25.00-30.00

Curtiss Baby Ruth Candy New 4-31-39,............35.00-40.00

Lionel RR Lines 1682,........18-25.00

Shell Lionel Lines Made in USA 1680,............24.00-32.00

Made in the USA #2620 Made by the Lionel Corp New York,.............20-25.00

1684 (heavy duty black train front that pulls the rest of the cars).......145.00-165.00

the curve and 40 signs on pole run .........10.00 each

ticket office .........50.00 and loose dog man on bench 10.00 each

city airport cover port....................65.00

red tall poll with two lights on top ........45.00

rail switch box missing arm ............35.00

red flat car with spot light ...........24.00

little green roofed house..................65.00

track - straight track runs 15.00 a section, curve track 25.00 each, switch track 65.00 each and double track 55.00 each

Lionel Train sets are very collectible and you have some nice pieces. the bridges I talked about are the metal bridges that some lifted by electricity or by hand they seem to run high in value as do the engines. The other pieces depend on what they are average values right now are 20-65.00 each and just depends on what you have. I have gone through the photos and the list you presented above. thank you for sharing and for the photos and information.

It would be best to hold on to these as prices and values are down right now. If you want to sell the best place to sell right now I have found is on ebay or rubylane.com both have been selling these pieces over the last two years.

Thank you again and if I may be of further help please let me know I am happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.