Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a unique pair queen victoria footstools beaded

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are two 1920 era
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. I will be glad to help you today.

.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Are you wanting the current market value on these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,

.

.
The 1920's Ladies Foot Stoles have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $125.00-145.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Not satisfied with your answers I saw a pair on a English side I know they have more value over there your estimate I don't agree with specially soma antique shops offered me double the price so I am sorry I can't rate you I think You should have done more research have done I think.All those side you suggested can every one find So thank very much for nothing wish well in your business but you don't get mine .No rating and no money .Grace Customer .
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.

Good Morning

I am sorry you are not happy with what these are valued at. Appraisers cannot control actual sold values, we do not create values. We only report to the customer what an item actually sold for. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antique-Victorian-Hand-Embroidery-Glass-Beaded-Panel-Cushion-Footstool-Project-/301996104203?hash=item46505eda0b%3Ag%3AsbAAAOSwepJXYTo0&nma=true&si=lIOutdgtMNWIh7SWcBr2bYjEhpc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is an actual sold foot stool in Australia, it sold for

Sold for: GBP 28.00 +GBP 12.55 postage AU $49.17

.

Here are two that sold for GBP 95.00 +GBP 17.32 postage AU $166.83

.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-MATCHING-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-ROUND-BLUE-BEADED-EMBROIDERY-WOODEN-FOOTSTOOLS-/162057914040?hash=item25bb6786b8%3Ag%3AiTQAAOSwhRxXJ9OH&nma=true&si=lIOutdgtMNWIh7SWcBr2bYjEhpc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

.

Here is another one that sold for: GBP 46.50 +GBP 8.10 postage AU $81.66(including postage) [ 3 bids ]

These values are indicative of the prices these have sold for in the past 12 months in Australia. Appraisers only report to the customer what items have sold for. Which gives that item an estimated value.

These would sell for at least three times that amount in an antique shop.

I am sorry you are not happy with the values they are selling for, I am sorry you are not happy with me for reporting that value to you. I can only give you an honest, ethical answer to the questions. I cannot make values higher then they are.

I am sorry.

Glenda