Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique ladies watch that says Hadley on the wrist

Customer Question

I have an antique ladies watch that says Hadley on the wrist band. The patent number appears to be 1966.063 and it is 10-14K gold filled. I am trying to get it repaired, however it is lacking a model number and doesn't say who the actual company that created the watch. Is there any way you can help me. I think the watch was made between 1914-1920. The hairspring is damaged and my repairman needs the model number in order to fix it. Thank you for your help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

We are an online appraisal service, we do not have any way of getting model numbers for vintage and antique watches. If I were you I would take this to an Estate Jeweler and let them look at the watch to determine the model. Or they can recommend a Vintage/Antique Watch repair person that would be able to repair this.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that I won't be charged the $48 since you couldn't help me and didn't do any investigative work to figure it out. Believe it or not, you were recommended to me by a vintage/antique watch repair. Please credit my account. Thank you.Sally
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Sally

I am sorry but the Appraisers are not employee of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to value items for customers who post questions, wanting to know the value of their items. If you are wanting a value for this watch I would be happy to value that for you. We just do not have records nor access to any records that give us model numbers on all the watches made.

I am not sure why the watch repair person did not take the serial number off the watch workings and look up that information for you. The name Hadley on the band is the company that made the band. The watch should be open to see who made the watch and get a serial number.

That is why I suggested an Estate Jeweler.

.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>