Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have what I think may be a one and only print done by Ray

Customer Question

I have what I think may be a one and only print done by Ray Eyerly in 1950. It says it was commissioned by George Winslow I think. it is of a retreat on Nehelem River near Tillamook City Oregon. We are in the state of Utah for your information.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda,Thank you for your response. I will attach them here in both Landscape and Portrait Mode and then I will also email them to***@******.***. Hopefully that will make sure one way or the other you will receive them. And thank you for your time to look at these for us.Larene Cox
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you mean you may have a one and only print of his? He was known for doing Pen and Ink drawings such as this. The print is of the George Winslow Retreat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We believe it is an original sketch of his and that it is a "one and only" because it looks as though it was commissioned, meaning that it is most likely the only one ever created. Any idea if this would be the case and if it is, any idea what an original sketch by this artist would be worth?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes, it could be only one of these, of the Retreat, it does seem to be commissioned.

.

Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.

The Commissioned one of a Kind by Ray Eyerly has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give.
.
You must click one of the stars ( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question.

.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
Please Rate this in order for me to get credit for my work from the Justanswer site.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda