Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have two Rookwood pieces, one is a pitcher with and

Customer Question
I have two Rookwood pieces...
I have two Rookwood pieces, one is a pitcher with brown and orangish glaze, clover blossoms, fluted opening, slender handle bulbous base, narrow neck, 10" tall. The second one is an 11" tall vase with daffodils, narrow trumpet neck, colors brown and goldish. Both have the Rookwood mark, are numbered and have What I think are artists marks. What do you think is their value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Important detail I forgot : the Rookwood pitcher has a chip in the glaze on the underside of one of the 3 flutes of the opening. The second piece, a 11" tall vase appears to be perfect.
7/12/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the vases and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not very tek savvy, so maybe I'll wait until I can get my daughter to help me with photos and the add files stuff.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't figure this out without help

That would be fine.

I will get an email the next time you respond, so it is not a time-based chat so that if you have to wait for someone to help with photos, that is okay.

You could also just describe the numbers on the bottom of each piece. These are shape and date codes. I could try this without photos by using these codes. Rookwood was very good about markings, dates, etc. I am just concerned that I might not know the artist's cipher, but we should be able to figure that out once I figure which piece you have.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.... I'll contact you again when I have someone with me to help with the photos of the pottery as well as photos of the Rookwood and Artist marks/numbers. Carol Thomson

Thanks !

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur