Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Can you tell me what the value of a doll that my wife was

Customer Question
given by her Mother it...
Can you tell me what the value of a doll that my wife was given by her Mother it was her doll. it is a German Bisque Doll made by Bergman & Simon and Halbeg about 1895. It is in excellent shape. Thank You for your help---*** ****** *** *** ****--************@******.com
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
7/11/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and numbers or words impressed on the back of her shoulders and neck under the hair.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
C 17 -14 1/2 Bergman & Simon year1895

There are no photos here if you did try to add them. The feature works best if you add one, hit send, then do the next; rather than trying to do them all in one batch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I check my bank account you have charged me $37. I have taken a picture I don't think I understand how to take the picture out of my I phone library to send to you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How come no one has answered me?

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

I was unable to open the movie that you sent. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.

Maybe they would be able to answer without pictures.
I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

I received your movie, but it doesn't show what I need to see. Please upload clear pictures, showing the front of the doll, the back of the doll and a lose-up image of the marks on the doll's back.

Also, is the doll wearing her original clothing and accessories? Do her eyes open and close?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Judith

Ted,

Did you want to say something?

Ted,

You keep sending the same movies but they do not open. Please answer the questions above and send pictures. If you need help doing that, please contact***@******.*** and someone will help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please have someone call me and help with sending my pictures to Judith. Ted Daniels(###) ###-####

Ted,

You posted your request on our conversation page. Please email***@******.*** and someone will help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To answer your question: "Also, is the doll wearing her original clothing and accessories? Do her eyes open and close?"The doll’s eyes open and close. The clothing is not the original clothing that came with the Doll. The doll has porcelain teeth. And the doll pierced ears.

Thanks for the information, Ted, but I need to see the doll. Please send clear pictures in .jpg format. Please contact***@******.*** and someone will help you.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur