LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Miniature vase shows hand holding vase, looks like jade but

Customer Question

green miniature vase shows hand holding vase, looks like jade but not sure it is like to know something about it and worth if possible, hason bottom # ***** and a bird flying and 0 under bird emblam.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a clear close up of the bottom symbols for review please. This will help me in giving you an accurate value.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was you able to see the 766 on the picture this was the best I could get
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
debra

Hello thank you for the photos.. This is an Akro Agate green and white marbleized hand vase. These have been used for small flowers, toothpick holder and any number of small vase uses. The age is 1960-1970s and these come in many colors and color variations. The value is 65.00-75.00 in todays market. It appears to be in excellent condition.

Akro Agate company was founded in Akron, Ohio, in 1911 and moved to Clarksburg, West Virginia, in 1914. The company made marbles and toys. Before Akro Agate produced marbles of its own, it distributed marbles made by other companies. In the 1930s, it began making other products, including vases, lamps, flowerpots, candlesticks, and children's dishes. The pieces have a high demand to collectors world wide. The colors are appealing and no two pieces are the same.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Thank you :

6 Jul 2016, 8:38 PM

Thank you :