Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an original oil painting titled "Children" by Rudolf

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting titled "Children" by Rudolf Reichle. How much do you think it's worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the signature, back of framing and one more closer, in-focus photo of the painting.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is actually what is called a reofect painting. It was a print that was then hand embellished

by an artist and coated with a varnish that makes it look like an original oil. This piece was done

from 1950 -60 based on the label on the back. WT Burger was founded in 1946 and their

reproduction framed pieces were sold in department stores and art galleries.

This piece of art is not by a listed artist and these days is considered home decor.

This WT Burger piece is valued at $40 to $60.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.