Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We received a footed silver sugar/creamer set in 1956. It

Customer Question

We received a footed silver sugar/creamer set in 1956. It has the initials CA with intwined circles around each letter. Underneath it says, "hand chased" and below that it says "made in England". I don't see any symbol indicating it is sterling but I believe it is as it tarnishes. My online research did not find anything about it. I would like to know more about it the hand chased design is a large flower on two sides about 2" high and 2 1/2" wide. The set is 2 1/2” high and 3 3/4” wide on the top of each piece. Thank you for any help you can give me. Beverly Terranova. ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Please use the Add Files feature to add a photo of the set and the mark on the bottom of one piece.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get a picture o the hallmark, etc. on the bottom as I don't have a camera that can take the photo. It is exactly as I described. I'm enclosing a photo of the creamer and sugar bowl. Also the email SAID THEY COULDN'T PROCESS the payment and needed 4 digits. I paid with PayPal and have their email telling me they processed the payment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the photo I sent?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

All three were the same picture of the sugar and creamer.

I would love to see one picture of the mark on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if this photo of the bottom will work. I took the photo through a magnifying glass.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This will work, thanks! Smart!

Give me some time to do some research. You will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you received the photo of the bottom. I sent it in a previous email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see you receive the photo of the bottom. I would like to know the maker. Beverly
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt-out and allow another expert to answer. I am unable to find the maker for this set. The expert will see all of the pictures and our conversation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.