How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a (sterling? silver plated?) tea set. According to

Customer Question

I have a (sterling? silver plated?) tea set. According to the note in the bowl of the set, this came to the US from England in 1935 and is supposedly dated 100 years before that. I have tried to research marks that are on the bottom of the tea set. F J ((both in roundish stamp) B (underlined and in square stamp) with a heart (on it's side) and a squarish mark with a cutout for the heart all). The #26 appear below in a triangle. I can send a picture.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Yes could you please post a photo of the overall piece and a clear close up of the markings. I look forward to helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can't get a good picture or scan or rubbing. I think I'll just try to find someone locally.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem I will go by your description Thank you for letting me know