Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Curran Brothers ladies gold watch with a number

Customer Question

I have a Curran Brothers ladies gold watch with a number 1433 557 inside.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I was told about 20 years ago that it was a 25-year guaranteed gold-plated watch or something like that. That it was worth about $100. This one is in perfect shape. I don't know if it runs or not. It was my grandmother's and she probably got it in the early nineteen-hundreds or nineteen twenties.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I don't know if it runs or not I didn't try it. It did have a circle with a second hand in it. It had flowers engraved on both sides and it looked like a little area to put an initial in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising jewelry for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.

Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The watch is in my safety deposit box. It's in the original box from the jewelry store, L M Butch Co., in Circleville Ohio that it came in. I looked on eBay and didn't see one like it. I guess I'll have to go get it and take a picture of it.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

OK.

Thanks,