Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

We bought a picture signed by Alfred Fuchs. Looks like a

Customer Question
chalk drawing of a little...
We bought a picture signed by Alfred Fuchs. Looks like a chalk drawing of a little girl with a doll. It seam to be quite old. It is 17 X 21 and matted and framed it is 26 X 30. The only information I can find is that the artist designed stamps. I would like to know more about this artist and if there is any value for this.
Sorry the pictures are not very good.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
6/14/2016
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

This artist is quite unknown. We only have it's name, nationality and date of birth, but there is not even the death date. Alfred Fuchs, Czech b.1925. This situation is normal with local unknown artist that had a small production of paintings.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 100-160$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks

rusufdavi
rusufdavi