Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an American La France fire engine ..12"'wide and 18"

Customer Question

I have an American La France fire engine bell..12"'wide and 18" tall, including clapper..1913-1929...nickel over brass or copper, non of my experts know for sure..I just know it was never chromed, as chrome was used in 1930 for the first time......beautiful bell..was outside on a post to call us kids home for dinner since 1964...beautiful eagle on the top.....
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your early 20th century American La France fire engine bell can sell for $1700 - $2500 on today's market. Here is a link for you to a comparable (in different materials) that sold for $1900: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fire-engine-bell-american-la-france-505092280

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

~Nora