rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a Lichtenstein print/ poster, "That's the way it

Customer Question

I have a Lichtenstein print/ poster, "That's the way it should have begun, but it's hopeless" from 1960's on very thin (almost newspaper like) paper. The piece is 36" square. I have checked with many people and everyone claims that particular print was never created in that size. It was purchased and framed in Chicago around 1970. I only recently removed the glass because a spider web got inside. When I saw the fragile paper, i immediately put it back together. Can anyone tell me what it is or who I might take it to, to find out. I'm happy to pay an appraisal fee but want to take it to the right person....someone who knows Lichtenstein and/or the art of the sixties. Help! Thank you. Rena Tonelli
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

***** *****chtenstein (1923-1997) is an American painter and sculptor, was a leading member of the Pop Art movement. Lichtenstein, sought an anonymous style, removing personal reference to convey the appearance of mass production.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 1,500-2,000$ for an original Lichtenstein exhibition poster.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!