Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

As I'm sure everyone does thinking they've found the newest

Customer Question
Good Evening, As I'm sure everyone...
Good Evening,
As I'm sure everyone does thinking they've found the newest Picasso, I picked up a painting at a Goodwill in New Hampshire and am dying with curiosity at this point. It is an oil on canvas of waves crashing on rocks and is signed by R. Michaud. The painting itself is pretty well done but the fact that the framing is a quality looking job with texture to the strokes peeked my curiosity....plus the "this painting is to go to my son...." note on the back justified the $12 I paid for it. I've found a similar frame sold on ebay for approx. $100. I've searched as far as I can on the internet and cannot find an R. Michaud painter in the New England area (nor Eastern Canada). The frame has "hecho en Mexico" and "style L700" stamped on it and appears to be carved wood with a canvas type "matting" about an inch thick. I can send photos if requested. Thank you for the help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
6/12/2016
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 1 year ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos as I have looked up the artist and would like to confirm the work.

Hi Artist R. Michaud is well known for his works. This oil painting of ocean waves has a value of 375.00-400.00 It is well done and very prominent in the waves crashing. The artist has little written on him other then his name is***** born in 1913 and did in 2011. His home was in Minnesota and he traveled the world. He was known for oil paintings of nature and still life.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser