Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

We have an antique Mosler safe, stamped Hamilton, Ohio with

Customer Question
a number on the front...
We have an antique Mosler safe, stamped Hamilton, Ohio with a number on the front 371508Then on the handle there is the information 2 hr. Class Fire B, #93738, then more info listed was Class T-20 Burglary.My question is: Is this a truly valuable antique? How much would you estimate its worth and how would we go about selling this? It is extremely heavy to say the least. Preserved well, and the writing on the front, Mosler Safe Company, Hamilton, Ohio is very clear and old fashioned. Joan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/8/2016
Antique Expert: ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The serial number on the front 371508 the safe was made in 1940 if you could post a photo of the safe so I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would I do that? Can I take a picture with my phone and e-mail it to you? What e-mail would I use? j

Hi, You can take your photos then you can press the paper clip icon to add your pictures. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your safe? Thanks Mike

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the paper clip icon? Have I phone5, but not super techi.

Hi, You can email them to***@******.*** attn.: Mike in appraisals. Thanks Mike

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, so I sent the pictures as a message and on the final picture it says Attention: Mike in appraisals like you said. Let me know if you got them. Sent them Sunday, 10:30 am JT

Hi, Yes I'll keep you posted as soon as I receive them. Thanks Mike

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike, I will try and resend pictures today, June 15th. Also, any recommendations on where we can sell this safe? Thanks, jt

Hi, The biggest problem is the weight. I would try either Craigeslist, or a local auction house with a good reputation that advertises so that the person who collects or needs a working safe but use a reserve on your safe so it doesn't sell for pennies on the dollar. As soon as I receive the photos I can give you a value if not give me a good description like size. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I finally received your 4 photos. The value of your safe in good body & working condition $1350.00 to excellent body & working condition $1825.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

ncsunburst
ncsunburst