Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a candlearbra from &barton med&plated no 736 Does it

Customer Question
I have a candlearbra from...
I have a candlearbra from reed&barton med&plated no 736 Does it have any value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.

The 736 (Silverplate, Hollowware)by Reed & Barton has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-425.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you,
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

Hello

If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.

.

It was a pleasure working for you,
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. Without a rating ( one of the top three ) on questions we answer , the appraisers do not get compensated for their time.
.
Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.

Thank you so much!
Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser