Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Does any expert have any idea what this stone itailian

Customer Question

does any expert have any idea what this stone itailian sculpture that was hanging on my wifes front room when I first met her forty seven years ag0 maybe a 20 by 37 frame made from molding plaster and weights 37 pounds. It seems to me to have gay theme, Italy wrote on it and some small greek or latin writing. I have no sure idea what kind of stone but it could just be lime stone. but more smooth like marble. No one in family knows any thing about it. Maybe just a collectors item but must have cost a lot to transfer to U.S. because. I don't know how it could be mass produced, being stone. I suspect it is a copy. I think this kind of art was popular around 1900. thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

From your description you may have a 19th century to early 20th century 'musuem casting' of a portion of an ancient Roman or Greek frieze, possibly of Greco-Roman sporting. These can sell for $2000 - $5000 on today's market.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got pictures that my son put on emails .how can I send them to you?
Roy I cannot figiure how they could have cast stone. Does appear Too be numbered
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora