Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Max hofler

Customer Question

max hofler
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size and can you please send a very clear, in-focus close-up of the signature and areas of the surface so I can see the texture as well as a view of the backside (do not remove the frame or matting).

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
360mm x 265mm, the back fell off and seems to of been replaced as per signatures. the back of painting has no visible writing. seems very old
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. The average auction sale price for an original Max Hofler (1892 - 1963) painting is $300 on today's market. What you have, however, which is indicated by the provided images is a small framed print reproduction image of on of his works. His original paintings are usually larger in size than your print, and there is a dot matrix pattern on the surface indicative of machine printing. On today's market, your print can sell for $10 - $30.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora