Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a sepia print of a Rembrandt portrait - "Hendrickje

Customer Question
Stoffels" , with an attribution...
I have a sepia print of a Rembrandt portrait - "Hendrickje Stoffels" , with an attribution of Photographische Gesellschaft Berlin, approximately 17 x 20 (it is framed). Below the picture, in print, 'Rembrandt'. Apparently, this group photographed all of Rembrandt's work, for portfolio, posterity, or . . . . am interested to know more about is and its value.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
5/23/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Hi, Your framed photogravure print of a Rembrandt painting Photographische Gesellschaft Berlin can sell for $60 - $100 on today's market. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Nora
Nora