Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a 12 set completed of Edwin M Knowles China 40-10, 22

Customer Question

I have a 12 set completed of Edwin M Knowles China 40-10, 22 karat gold, semi-vitreous and don't know year or value. Can you help? I also have many accessories. Platter, bowl, sugar, cream, etc.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Your set would have been made in the 1930's - 1940's. Although the gold is real, there is no longer a precious metal melt down value as the cost to extract the gold exceeds the value of the amount that can be extracted. Currently, china sets are flat on the market, as less families sit down for formal dinner together on fine china. On today's market, an Knowles set for 12 with all serving pieces can sell for highs of $150 - $300. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora