Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a set of dishes marked Hopewell China EZX with yellow

Customer Question
band around edge mostly orange...
I have a set of dishes marked Hopewell China EZX with yellow band around edge mostly orange and blue flowers. It has a picture of a sailing ship in logo. Want to sell butter dish/bowl with lid.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
5/20/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I looked at some of the other in this same pattern they have Ostrow China made in Virginia.I am at a loss.
Hello, I would really need to see the marks on these to be able to weigh in on what you have. However, it is not uncommon for the same pattern to be produced by various companies. ~Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur