Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Possible ladies pocket watch? gold in color inside and out

Customer Question
possible ladies pocket watch?...
possible ladies pocket watch? gold in color inside and out I don't think it is gold of value
AWW Co.
Waltham, USA
15 jewel
All inside at hinge on a plate that covers the workings
Across on the edge of the plate inside the engraving is the number 23867165
The entire plate covering the working parts is engraved with a design
On the inside of the cover by the hinge is:
Wadnworth (not sure of this spelling)
warranties
25 years
then in a "v" shape(###) ###-####
The outer case is gold in color with a cameo type picture like that of early roman men (face,neck with a band of wheat(?) around the head to hold short hair back.
There is engraveing on the part that lowers to the outer edge with heavy engraveing on the very edge
The out side is just under 1 3/4 inches across
The face is yellow in color but I think this is from the ageing of the glass(?) cover. The hands are long with a small open circle near the end.
It has a small minute thing that spans from the number 5 to 7 covering 6
The only word on it is Waltham just under the number 12
Can you give me a ball park age and maybe value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
5/18/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
This is a 1920 Waltham size 12s open face gold-filled (not gold) pocket watch with a grade 220, model 1894, 15-jewel movement. The case is a gold-filled Wadsworth case. Anytime you see the words warrantied 25 years it means that the gold plating is guaranteed to last at least 25 years before showing through to metal. This pocket watch has a current value of $85 if working and $50 if not working. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Please select the five stars to give me feedback and credit for helping you --this part is necessary to complete your question and costs nothing extra. Thanks again!
Rarewares
Rarewares