Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Pocket watch JA: I always love having an appraiser look at

Customer Question

Pocket watch
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Its a ladies 14k gold 15 jewels 2adj 9.75 lignes made by multa watch company
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Octagon shape
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the watch, dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No markings on back outside.inside it says swc comp serial number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swiss movement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please do add pictures, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to see the marks on the watch (too blurry). There was no maker named Multa so I am wondering where you are seeing that and if it might be another name. Is there any way to get better in focus pictures of the inner case, movement and dial?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope.its maker is swc.multa made movement
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a 1917 octagonal trench watch from World War 1. The 14k pendant watch made by Multa Watch Company and the case made by Standard Watch Company (SWC) of Syracuse, New York was a woman's pendant watch that was given to a soldier that went to war. This is when the strap loops were added so that the soldier could wear the watch on his wrist to remember his lady. This watch has a current value of $300.00. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please select the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit.This part is necessary to complete your question and costs nothing extra. Thanks again!