Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting and 4 water colors by the Serbian naive

Customer Question

I have an oil painting and 4 water colors by the Serbian naive artist Martin Jonas. I bought the items from him personally while visiting his home in Kovacitza (sp?), Serbia. I am interested in selling them but cannot find any information on what their value might be. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Martin Jonas (1924-1996, Yugoslavia) is a listed artist and is known for painting in an ethnic folk art style. Most of his work is sold in Europe with few pieces sold here in the US. I do have a list of recent sales prices, but I would like to see these pieces and know the sizes you have before I value them. Use the Add Files feature to add pics of the work, then I will complete the answer with some values for you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to add pictures?