Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Waltham pocket watch sn 12505282. Non working But great condition…

Customer Question
Waltham pocket watch sn 12505282...
Waltham pocket watch sn 12505282. Non working But great condition
What is approximate value
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/14/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the watch,dial and any markings on the inner case and on the movement.
Mike,This serial number only provides me with part of the information, but I will give you all I can. This is a 1903 size 18s open face pocket watch with a 17-jewel PS Bartlett movement. Movements and cases were most always made by two different companies in gold, gold filled and silver. There is a large difference in price in the two and the marks on the inside of the case that covers the back has all of the indicators of which this would be. If you see the words guaranteed 10 years or 25 years, it is a gold-filled case and is not gold. That would value of the watch at $125 to $150.00. If you see 14k or 18k, then it is likely that the case is gold (there are some exceptions) but this would give the watch a value of $400. Do click the stars to accept my answer.