Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an 8-piece setting including 3 platters, 2 covered

Customer Question

I have an 8-piece setting for 12 including 3 platters, 2 covered vegetable bowls, 2 vegetable bowls, gravy boat. The set is Theodore (underlined) Haviland Limoges, France - Higgins and Seiter, New York. It was a wedding gift in 1910. I have photos of the set if you need.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This set in an un-named pattern of Theodore Haviland Limoges sold throughHiggins & Seiter (retailer and importer) of New York circa 1910 has acurrent value of $1750 to $2000.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.Please do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not totally satisfied with your answer for the fact that you didn't even look up the pattern name - but maybe I was expecting too much.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I should have explained that it was common for Limoges not to have pattern names. Some did and some did not, I did look for this pattern through 21 pages of Haviland patterns and did not find it before giving your estimate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually have one more question - why does your page state that you will charge $5 and if you're satisfied with the answer the additional $33 will be charged - but in actuality $38 was charge? Thank you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The experts here answer questions FOR the site but we do not work AT the site. We have no connection or knowledge of what you are charged nor do we have a connection to your account. I am so sorry that I am not able to answer that question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thx -
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Do consider clicking the stars for me as I have tried all I can to help.