Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a Philip Ashberry and sons tea set........... Kettle

Customer Question

I have a Philip Ashberry and sons tea set........... Kettle but not the warmer, teapot, creamer, and sugar bowl....
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: All marked with brittania... and Numbers... on the bottomes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is heaving inscribed with decoration... BUT the silver is worn of in places from cleaning the wrong way I would think over the years... I was wondering if I had it resilvered would it 1. cost a lot ... 2 would it decrease the value.. or increase value...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, On today's market, a silverplated English Britannia tea set by Philip Ashberry & Sons can sell for a high of $150. The cost to re-silver will exceed the value of the set. After re-silvering, the value is neither increased not decreased, but maintained for the future. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,I apologise for the tardiness of my reply, but I do not check e/mails on a regular basis...to answer your question Yes I have received your reply, and I will hopefully in the day or so I will be able to take photos and forward them to you...Once again my apologies..Lyndall
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lyndall, Great thanks! I will look forward to images at your convenience. In the meantime, please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. Thank you, Nora