Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a tea service with a center mark that say A & T, a C

Customer Question

I have a tea service with a center mark that say A & T, a C above, an S on the right, A 1 on the bottom and a P to the left. What can you tell me bout this set.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already returned the set to the person who asked me to research it. I did not realize you would answer since the site took me to another site that asked me to sign up for a free trial which I did not want to do so I thought that was the end of it.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The maker may have been Ainsworth Taylor & Co. The A1 indicates the set was silverplated and not sterling silver which has a precious metal melt down value. The value would depend on how many pieces are in the set - do you remember? A usual tea service with tea, coffee, hot water pot, creamer, sugar, and waste pot in silverplate sells for highs of $200 - $300. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora