Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have 2 large sets of china 1. Sebring Serenade Burgundy with

Customer Question
22 gold edging T-S284 includes...
I have 2 large sets of china 1. Sebring Serenade Burgundy with 22 gold edging T-S284 includes demitasse set and accessories and 2. Noritake Tudor Rose. Can you give me an idea of the worth of these sets?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
4/28/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello Gail,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.In order to value your china, I need to know exactly what you have.Please give me a list of which pieces you have and how many of each.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dinner service for 12, including soup bowl ,dessert bowls, servingplates,salt & pepper shakers sugar bowl and pitcher, dessert plates, large serving bowl with lid in the Seranade pattern of Sebring. In the Tudor Rose service for 12 , includes 2 serving platters, 2 serving bowls, dessert bowls,creamer and sugar set, demitasse set of 12 . All in excellent condition.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Each pattern includes service for 12 with dinner playes,salad plates, soup bowls, dessert bowls, dessert plates, cups and saucers. I hope that helps you value these sets.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All additional accessory prices are for 12.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's is pieces are for 12. Sorry about spelling mistakes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tudor Rose also has 2 serving platters
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seranade is 104 pieces, does that sound right?Tudor Rose Is 116. I counted the best I could some are still in the boxes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still calculating the worth of the china?
I am trying to decipher the several lists you gave me. I think I have it figured out:The listing you gave me for the Sebring set, assuming the "serving platters" you mentioned meant 2 platters, adds up to 91 pieces. The Tudor Rose set adds up to 114 pieces, according to your list.Please tell me if these numbers are correct.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tudor Rose is correct. The Sebring set is 108 pieces, I counted 2x.
That's:12 dinner plates12 salad plates12 cups12 saucers12 soup bowls12 dessert bowls12 dessert plates1 salt1 pepper2 serving platterssugarcreamercovered vegetable bowlIs that correct? If so, the Sebring set is 91 pieces (92 if you count the lid on the vegetable bowl as a separate piece).
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will recount
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
15 dinner plates 11 soup bowls, 1sm platter, 2 lrg platters, 1 serving bowl w lid 1lcreamer and sugarbowl, 1 salt and pepper, 1 sm dessert serving plate, 12 , salad plates, 12 dessert plates, 11 saucers, 9 cups, 1 sm pitcher, 11 salad bowls, 11 medium sized bowks, 12 sm (dessert) bowls 2 lrg serving bowls, 115 total ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That count was for the Sebring set
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found another soup bowl for a total of 12 soup bowls. So sorry about giving you a confusing count the dishes were in different places in the basement. Counted piece by piece so the count I just gave you is correct.
Okay - I'm going to take a short while to do some research and I'll get right back to you.
I see you requested a phone call, but I don't do them - there is an extra charge for phone call and I can't give you answers and research at the same time. Aside from that, I can give you an answer right here at no extra charge.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like you to give me the best estimate you can now. Do you wish to speak directlly. Or can you give me an answer now?
Okay, I'm back with you.The Sebring set, if all the pieces are in perfect condition, has a current retail (replacement or insurance) value of approximately $1,150. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $460, depending on location and actual condition. The Noritake set, if it is in perfect condition, has a current retail (replacement or insurance) value of approximately $1,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $400, depending on location and actual condition. I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Gail.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques