Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting of a donkey signed by Carmel? I have been

Customer Question

I have a painting of a donkey signed by Carmel? I have been unsuccessful in finding anything out about it but seen something similar on the Antiques Roadshow. Could you tell me anything about this artist or refer me to someone who does.
Thank You
J Todd
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Please add a photo close up of the signature, one of the painting straight-on and one of the back if there is any writing or labels there. You can use the AddFiles feature on your screen to add pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached the pics you requested.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is an oil on board by New York artist Hilda Anne Carmel, circa 1970.She is a listed artist, though not much of her work is available for purchase currently. The database for sold works tells me that this painting has a current value of $300 to $400.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.