Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently found what looks like an unique Imperial Candlewick

Customer Question

I recently found what looks like an unique Imperial Candlewick crystal item, not listed in any index I have seen. It is apparently modified from the single candleholder #400-280. The candle socket has been modified into a thin-walled, globular reservoir about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, topped by a flared, funnel-shaped lip about 2-3/8 inches across. The flat, unornamented foot is 3-5/8 inches wide, total height of the piece 3-1/2 inches. I assume this was intended to be a bud vase. The overall impression of the piece is more graceful and pleasing than the original candleholder design, which was rather ugly.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!