Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Looking to identify my great grandmother's doll. Bisque face,

Customer Question
Looking to identify my great...
Looking to identify my great grandmother's doll. Bisque face, pierced ears (the hole on the right ear is not in the right place - , back of head marked 60. , then what looks of be a capital cursif 'Q.'Eyes stay open, open mouth with 6 teeth, dimpled chin. Not a baby, probably a young girl. Hair is almost gone but was blond (I don't know what the hair is made of but the one curl that is left is a little shiny.) There's a hole on either side of her head with some twine through them to which the arms, legs and head are held together. The top of the arms and legs are wood and so are the balls in the joints. The bottom of the arms appear to be made from the same material that the body is made from. I don't see any marking on the body but it has tape on it where someone tried to help it hold together. My great grandmother was born in the 1860's in Lynn, MAssachusetts. Hope you can help me out. Thanks very very much. Bonnie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/21/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur