Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 14 inch Hummel girl that my mother bought in Germany

Customer Question

I have a 14 inch Hummel girl that my mother bought in Germany in 1958 the date of it on the bottom is 1957 she has a basket and an envelope it says west Germany on the bottom. I have NO interest in keeping this. Do you know approx value and where to sell it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Hummel West Germany figurine titledMeditation made between 1964-1972 and has avalue of $50 to $60.00.If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest audience.You can sell on Etsy.com or Letgo.com.There is also of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of exposure and bring the best traffic. If you sell to a dealer, auctioneer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40%of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not pay that amount!!! You are so far off. The 14 inch hummed are rare and as I stated it was made in 1957 as stamped on the bottom NOT 1964-1972. Maybe one of the small size hummels would have the value you stated. This is a farce and I am not happy with you response so refund the $17
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response yet, I want the amount refunded. You are so far off base, you have no idea