Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I HAVE A VILION AND CASE. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY

Customer Question
I HAVE A VILION AND...
I HAVE A VILION AND CASE. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY VALUE TO IT, PLEASE?
IT HAS 2 LABELS INSIDE OF IT.
1. CR SFREHYSHINER i DON'T HAVE THE BEST OF EYES, I AM NOT SURE ON THE SPELLING.
METTENWALD OBB
HAND MAKE COFPY OF
ANTIONIUS STRADIVARIUS WEST GERMANY
1966
2. ROTH SHOE ADJUSTED
mODEL (CAN READ-SORRY)
REG # ***** 3186
5/66
ANY HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE.
THANK YOU.
JOANN
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/19/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello Joann,My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.Your violin is a copy of a Stradivarius instrument, made in a workshop in Mittenwald, West Germany in the 1960s. The other label is from the technician who did the set-up on the instrument.This is a student instrument (not for concert performers)If the violin is in very good condition with very good tone, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $800. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $320, depending on location and actual condition. The case is generally included with the violin and doesn't have any separate value. I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Joann.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques