How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I collect dolls. I have since my mother went to St. Vincent's

Customer Question

I collect dolls. I have since my mother went to St. Vincent's and bought me my Kissy doll and 1957 Shirley Temple. In my own opinion, I think her Shirley face is the prettiest of all but then my mom is gone so I love her dearly.
My question is: I have found a Schoenhut baby and it has a circle on her back that I believe says 1913. She is not very pretty but someone told me never to do any repair at all to her. I saw one once on Ebay for $800.00. Now they are selling the children for only around $200.00. I would like to touch her up with just make-up and redress her so I can see what she would look like if she were restored. What do you think? Will make-up hurt the doll. She is stained wood of course.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.I need to see pictures of your Schoenhut baby, taken from all angles, with a close-up photo of the mark on her back. Please see our help page for help uploading images. to Click "Computer".2. Double click the image you want to upload.3. Click "Start Upload".4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.If that doesn't work for you:You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.