Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have numerous pieces of soong dynasty porcelain with pail

Customer Question
blue green crackled celedons with...
I have numerous pieces of soong dynasty porcelain with pail blue green crackled celedons with iron pits etc. I recived these 20 years ago and have held on to them until the market improves. They are all in rather excellent condition and came from my billionaire former mother in law from Indonesia where she aquired them from a chinese porcelain shop owner in jakarta as payment for a debt. I believe they are very valuable but I do not want to sell them on ebay because I don't know their approximate prices. I am sure among the lot there are some very expensive pieces. I also have Ching, and Han dynasty pieces. The Ching has marks on the bottom. The Soongs do not.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 2 days by:
4/19/2016
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Chinese ceramics collection.Would you like me to value these pieces for you one-by-one here? I would be happy to do so from good sharp photos. And/or, would you prefer I referred you to a reputable auction house that would get you the best prices for them? If so, if you give me your zip I'll see what options there are near you.As regards ***** ***** nice shallow bowl on the stand, in the photo you attached, it does indeed look like an example of ancient Chinese porcelaneous earthenware, known as guan ware, with a deliberate crackle glaze into which ink is rubbed during the making to exaggerate the craze lines. Guan ware was produced during the Song dynasty, but also during the Ming as well, so it can be hard to put a precise date on it without a thermoluminescence test (which is expensive and intrusive). Assuming its approximately 6" in diameter it would sell at auction or on line (eBay) in the range of $300 - $500.I do hope this helps,Best wishes,Robert
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur