Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have been trying to determine the value and the year

Customer Question

Hello I have been trying to determine the value and the year of my elgin pocket watch. On the face it has Elgin nat'l watch co , it is in script. The watch spears to be of gold though I am not certain of that. The serial number I have is on the inside of the movement and it is(###) ###-####also on the movement it has the same script that is on the face. Also on the movement it has Elgin I'll it is also in script
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the watch, dial and any marks on the inside of the gold case(or describe those).Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Just a follow-up.Are you able to get pictures of this watch?I can do an approximate for you without pictures if you would like. Let me know.