Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a wood and brass box, blue silk top inside, containing

Customer Question

I have a wood and brass box, blue silk top inside, containing seven labeled Monday through Sunday single edged hand razors, with Automatic grinding, Orient works, Sheffield, England engraved on the silver metal, extremely sharp blades. Black handles. All in excellent condition. The leather on the bottom of the box is slightly worn.
The key for the key hole on the front is missing.
Also, a Black Beauty leather strap with silver hooks on one end for sharpening goes with the collection.
My father was an Western antique buff. Would love to pass them along to someone who would love and enjoy them as he did.
Any idea what the history is on these and the value?
Thank you.
Barbara Barnard ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diane in PA replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara -My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to try and assist you with your razors today.Sounds pretty fancy! When you say 'single edged', do you mean as in 'straight edge razor blades' (like in the old West days), or more like a standard safety razor handle? I'll await your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long, straight edged.
Got it, thank you.
Barbara,I'm having trouble with the Just Answer site today, so I've got to log off. I will unlock this question and that will show it as available to other antique experts. I "can" help, but I've had more than my share of computer frustration for the day. Thanks so much for understanding.
Hi Barbara! I'm back online today, and in the process of getting some help from the site so that I can attach photos, which will be of much help with me being able to assist you with your razors. That is, if you're still interested in my helping you. I hope! :-)
Barb, is yours 'similar' to this set?http://razorland55.free.fr/Transf67/seven%20day%20straight%20razor%20MAPPIN%20&%20WEBB%20%20_%20sesam.jpg