Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have five circa early 60's burnished brass lantern type

Customer Question

I have five circa early 60's burnished brass lantern type lights. Four have been hanging over my bar area and one hangs as a chandelier in my stairwell. No idea of any value. Can you assist?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if they have a maker mark or stamp? As well, did you acquire them as used or vintage in the 1960's?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were installed in the house when built in '67. The label on the bottom says Artolier Lighting, Garfield, NJ. ELECTRIC FIXTURE ISSUE NO.C-160,349
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming the date and checking for a maker name. May I ask what you are asking for them on Craigslist and did you mention Artolier in your ad?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not mention and I have removed the ad.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I think the interest in them may have been that they look like older transportation lanterns. Artolier light fixtures tend to sell at auction for an average of $50 per light on today's market.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora