Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I believe I have a Volkstedt Dresden lace figurine that was

Customer Question

I believe I have a Volkstedt Dresden lace figurine that was my great grandmothers, so it's at least one hundred years old. Any idea what something like this is worth. I'd attach a pic but there's no option.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Your photo of the figurine came through.

Can you send another photo? This time, one of the mark on the bottom.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

One more thing about the mark -

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no marks. Perhaps it's just a reproduction piece. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Examine the piece around the edges and the back. It may not be in color. It may be impressed.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

As an unmarked piece, your figurine still has value. There were other small factories that made work similar to that of Dresden.

My research indicates that the retail antiques store value of your figurine would be $290-350 assuming some minor chipping to the lace.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris