Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Barton Silver soldered 2300C 1P 26 Small tea pot, with a…

Customer Question
Reed & Barton Silver soldered 2300C 1P 26 Small tea...
Reed & Barton
Silver soldered
2300C
1P
26
Small tea pot, with a candlelight crest on bottom.
There is what looks to me like a Hawaii hotels logo, on the front.
I'm looking to sell this item.
Wondering what it's worth?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
20160316_150141.jpg2016031...jpg20160316_150141.jpg2016031...jpg20160316_150141.jpg2016031...jpg
3/17/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the mark on the bottom (all pics were of three duplicates of the same pot) so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.

Jonna,

The picture is not here. Could you try the Add Files feature again?

Will do

Perfect! I will work on the answer and get back to you in a bit.

This is a silver plated (not sterling) hotel ware tea pot made by Reed and Barton in pattern number 2300C and shape number 26. The hotel ware was pattern numbers 2300 to 3000. The chamber stick symbol is the date code for 1955 and the 1p represents the capacity of 1 pint. Silver soldered is a term that means silver solder was used on the attached pieces (spout, handle, lid). The logo is not familiar to me, but is most likely a hotel like you had suggested. This pot has a current value of $15.00 to $20.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.